Thursday, January 28, 2010

2010 BELIZE MISSION STEERING COMMITTEE

Beverly Morell
Chairperson
Birthday: October 16

Hometown: I was born and grew up in Halifax, Nova Scotia

Occupation: Retired teacher (a great occupation!)

Hobbies & Interests: Skiing, swimming, hiking, biking, reading, puppetry, quilting and sewing

Fun Factoid: Sport and physical activity are important to me. My competitive sport was synchronized swimming and I competed in that sport in the first Canada Games held in Quebec City

Previous Missions: Belize 2005 and Belize 2007

Names of prayer partners: Jim Morell, Isabelle Hockin; Gregg Finley and Leith Box

Why am I going on this mission to Belize?: I believe that, as Christians, we are called to share our faith with others. The joy of sharing that with brothers and sisters in Christ living in another culture is a giant step for me in my faith journey

What am I most looking forward to in Belize?: Making new friends at St. Hilda's School and within our own teams

Why did I join the steering committee?: To offer my knowledge from the previous two missions so that more people could participate in the life changing experience of serving God in another country

Doug Milander

Treasurer

Birthday: May 11, 1947

Hometown: Norfolk, Nebraska USA

Occupation and Employer: Retired Journalist

Hobbies and/or Interests: Baseball and Football fan; Outreach (volunteer) work for Christ Church Cathedral; Reading about history and politics

Fun Factoid: Mowed an orchard where comedian Johnny Carson had played as a child

Number of missions you've been on and location: Belize, 2007

Name of prayer partner(s): Jamie Yeamans of Fredericton, NB and Mary Hepburn of North Platte, Nebraska (friends)

Why are you going on this mission to Belize?: Try to make a difference in the world - one day at a time

What are you most looking forward to on this mission?: The contact with people with of Belize

Why did I join the mission steering committee?: I simply wanted to do all I could to ensure the mission trip went as smoothly as possible.

Mike Pope

Travel Coordinator

Birthday: February 10, 1973

Hometown: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland

Occupation and Employer: Project Manager at FacilicorpNB

Hobbies and/or Interests: Hockey, golf, and most importantly, spending time with my family

Factoid: I am a GREAT cook!! :)

Reason for joining the steering committee: To answer God's calling

1 comment:

  1. We'll have to make sure you exhibit those culinary skills for the rest of the team soon, Mike.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete